Product Questions & Answers
Have a product Question?
Be the first to ask a question!
Achieve your performance goals with IE H-beam connecting rods that will make your build a success. IE Rods are designed for strength and reliability to support performance builds up to 600 horsepower and torque. Engineered to be fairly light weight for a high power to weight ratio making them the perfect choice for aggressive street builds.
All IE connecting rods are designed on and per engine application basis for factors such as cylinder pressure and rotating assembly mass. Many other brands simply change dimensions and do not engineer for the specific application at hand. FEA and computer simulation software is used to ensure the highest quality product.
The two most important dimensions of a connecting rod are the tolerances and roundness of the crankshaft journals and wristpin bushings. IE Rods are machined in-house on our top-of-the line USA made Sunnen rod hone machine that ensures proper critical roundness. After machine work is finished, every rod set undergoes a strict quality control process to verify all tolerances, weight balance, bolt threads, and surface finishes.
Rifle drilling is a machining process that adds a small hole directly through the center of the connecting rod. This galley force-feeds oil pressure from the crankshaft journal through the rod to the wrist pin bushing. Providing extra lubrication greatly extends engine life and reduces wear on the wrist pin and wrist pin bushing. Rifle drilling upgrade is highly recommended for street cars that will be driven for extended miles.
- Supports far more horsepower and torque than the stock components
- Keeps your engine reliable for upgraded turbos and superchargers
- Supports higher RPMs to squeeze out more top end power
- Safeguards your engine to ensure a successful project
- Supports up to 600 horsepower and torque
- Extra strong forged 4340 chromoly steel
- Made in USA ARP 2000 rod bolts
- Computer optimized on a specific application basis
- Honed to exact tolerance on USA made Sunnen machinery
- Each set balanced to +/- 1 gram
- Thoroughly quality controlled dimensionally and for material quality
- H-beam design optimized to be lightweight and strong for daily driven cars
- Tanged rod bearings for extra security and reliability
- Optional rifle drilling for increased wristpin and bushing life
- Integrated Engineering 144x20 Forged Connecting Rods
May Fit Selected Vehicle
Refer to chart for vehicle fitment
No Vehicle Selected
Select vehicle or refer to chart
|8P A3 2.0L Turbo I4 (FSI Engine)||FWD ||
|B5 A4 1.8L Turbo I4||FWD ||
|B5 Passat 1.8L Turbo I4||FWD ||
|B6 Passat 2.0L Turbo I4 (FSI Engine)||FWD|
|B7 A4 2.0L Turbo I4||FWD ||
|MK1 Beetle 1.8L Turbo I4||FWD|
|MK1 EOS (1F) 2.0L Turbo I4 (FSI Engine)||FWD|
|MK1 TT (8N) 1.8L Turbo I4||FWD ||
|MK2 TT (8J) 2.0L Turbo I4 (FSI Engine)||FWD ||
|MK2 TTS (8J) 2.0L Turbo I4|
|MK4 Golf 2.0L I4||FWD|
|MK4 GTI 1.8L Turbo I4||FWD|
|MK4 Jetta (1J) 2.0L I4||FWD|
|MK4 Jetta · GLI (1J) 1.8L Turbo I4||FWD|
|MK5 GTI 2.0L Turbo I4 (FSI Engine)||FWD|
|MK5 Jetta · GLI (1K) 2.0L Turbo I4 (FSI Engine)||FWD|
|MK6 R 2.0L Turbo I4|
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.