Product Questions & Answers
Have a product Question?
Be the first to ask a question!
IE's 2.9T ECU upgrade dramatically increases horsepower, torque, engine response, power delivery, and more to release the full performance potential from your 2018-2023 Audi RS5 or RS4! Multiple stages are available to match typical bolt-ons and offer various fuel options and features while maintaining stock comfort and reliability. Enjoy a hassle-free install in minutes through the vehicle's OBD-II port, and get ready for supercar power from your RS-class Audi!
IE Stage 1 ECU calibration is a simple flash-only upgrade that delivers instant performance with up to 542HP and 558ft-lbs of torque! The larger powerband, 7000RPM rev limit, and increased boost pressures produce exceptionally faster 0-60 times and acceleration in any scenario. This advanced calibration can be installed in an entirely stock car or will adapt to take advantage of intake and intercooler upgrades.
IE Stage 1 Plus delivers the most power possible from E85 fuel with an upgraded HPFP (High Pressure Fuel Pump). By increasing the fuel pump's ability to supply additional ethanol demands, our Stage 1 Plus tune produces an even more significant surge in power with a massive 604 horsepower and 660ft-lbs of torque! This ECU calibration pushes your Audi RS5/RS4 into a higher vehicle class of performance with an intense pull. Requires HPFP upgraded internals with 11.7mm pin size
IE Stage 2 and Stage 2 Plus ECU tunes are calibrated for aftermarket downpipes to deliver a louder exhaust note and include a more aggressive exhaust overrun/crackle feature in dynamic drive mode. The 2.9T engine includes two already efficient factory downpipes that do not result in power or exhaust restrictions on stock turbocharger ECU tunes. Although this platform does not provide additional power gains on Stage 2 tunes, IE files will provide the necessary ECU calibrations to support aftermarket downpipes for users looking for a more aggressive exhaust note.
Stage 2 files turn up the volume on exhaust overrun crackles for an exciting exhaust sound on engine decel and when free-revving in neutral or park. This feature is only enabled in Dynamic drive mode. Exhaust Overrun is included on stage 2 tunes only. Brake Boosting is commonly used in roll racing, which allows you to build extra boost by applying brake pressure while accelerating. Release the brake pressure for a "rolling launch" or extra power surge. IE engineers have mathematically rescaled the entire mass flow model over 30 maps which corrects the entire throttle input range. This extensive remapping work delivers a linear and predictable throttle pedal with clean and linear boost delivery, which improves drivability in any scenario.
The stock ECU, boost control programming is a very "close enough" approach, which works fine in low-boost and stock power output. When increasing performance, this slow response is reflected in the torque curve and can feel erratic on long power pulls. IE calibrators have smoothed the power curve by introducing a new boost control mapping strategy with precision boost request targeting, resulting in unmatched power delivery.
The factory 2.9T engine's MG1 ECU relies on a complicated volumetric efficiency (VE) model to convert boost to engine load and accurately deliver fuel for various conditions. Instead of depending on fuel correction tables to compensate, our calibrators have remodeled the VE mapping for the new boost/load relationship. This extensive work delivers reliable and proper fueling and smooth power delivery you can feel.
ECU programming uses exhaust gas temp (EGT) readings to make air/fuel corrections and determine the health of the combustion cycle. Countless development hours were spent adjusting boost, air/fuel ratio, ignition timing angle, camshaft phasing, intake air temps, and much more to develop the proper EGT adjustments for every octane file. Enjoy power gains from different fuel options knowing each was individually optimized to provide reliable engine operation without sacrificing power.
- Horsepower & torque gains maximized
- Includes Apple & Android mobile flashing app
- Includes 91, 93 & E85 fuel options
- Stage 1 for stock hardware or basic bolt-ons
- Stage 2 for full bolt-on support
- Stage 1 & 2 Plus HPFP for maximum ethanol power
- Stage 1 Transmission tune included with ECU purchase
- Stage 2 Transmission tune upgrade available
- Engine RPM limit raised to 7000RPM
- Neutral/park free-rev limit raised to 6800 RPM
- Recalibrated power & torque gauge displays higher output
- Rescaled factory boost gauge shows greater boost
- Left foot/brake boosting enabled for rolling launch
- Eliminated/minimized turbocharger surge
- Reduced turbocharger lag
- Road speed limiters removed
- More aggressive overrun/crackle in Dynamic mode (Stage 2)
- Crackles enabled for free revving in park or neutral (Stage 2)
- Optimized throttle scaling for dependable throttle use
- Boost control reconfigured for smooth and crisp power delivery
- Reliable fuel ratios for safe exhaust gas temps on all fuels
- Engineered for all climates and elevations
- Direct port OBDII at-home flashing
- Integrated Engineering Performance ECU Tune
- Integrated Engineering POWERlink V4 Tune Cable (OPTIONAL)
May Fit Selected Vehicle
Refer to chart for vehicle fitment
No Vehicle Selected
Select vehicle or refer to chart
|B9 RS5 2.9L Turbo V6
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.