Product Questions & Answers
Have a product Question?
Be the first to ask a question!
The factory Garrett turbocharger found on the VW MK8 GTI MQB Evo engine is equipped with a turbo outlet sound-deadening device. This factory-equipped turbo muffler is designed to sacrifice airflow performance to reduce turbo sound through a series of slots cut into the air chamber. This sound deadening strategy kills turbo sounds, introduces turbulence, and effectively slows down boost flow directly out of the compressor.
IE’s Turbo Muffler Delete replaces the stock muffler entirely with a high-quality CNC machined aluminum turbo outlet that offers an uninterrupted and smooth path for boost to flow cleanly out of the turbocharger. This cost-effective upgrade immediately increases airflow quality and unleashes all available turbo sound that your boosted MQB Gen 4 engine deserves.
Installing the new turbo muffler delete requires the same process and removal of the factory restrictive turbo outlet pipe. This is the perfect time to upgrade this part and provide a complete, uninterrupted, smooth path for compressed airflow to exit your turbocharger and increase the airflow by 13.44% over stock! (IE turbo outlet pipe sold separately)
- Replaces factory turbo silencer increasing turbo noise
- Smooth, uninterrupted design reduces airflow turbulence
- 3D scanning, rapid prototyping, and CNC machining for a perfect fit
- Radius edge with grip-lock ribbing for a fail-proof boost hose connection
- Includes stainless steel installation hardware
- Black anodized for a long life and attractive finish
- Ideal match to IE Turbo Outlet Pipe upgrade
- Integrated Engineering Turbo Muffler Delete
May Fit Selected Vehicle
Refer to chart for vehicle fitment
No Vehicle Selected
Select vehicle or refer to chart
|MK8 GTI 2.0L Turbo I4
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.